Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thing 17 ELM Productivity Tools

I love ELM - it is a great resource for us, but these activities didn't impress me. I could not get the RSS feed into Bloglines. I tried pasting the RSS code. I tried pasting the URL. This would be a great thing, it just didn't work for me. The exercises for EBSCO page composer and ProQuest create a page wanted you to created yet another account/login, and then what do you do with all these web pages you create??? NetLibrary, another account, let you put notes in books. How often would one go back and use/find these? These videos were in Quicktime and I didn't get any to work for me - not unusual with my computer.

OK - I read some tips in one of the newsletters and tried again with the RSS feed. SUCCESS! After removing .proxy.elm4you.org the feed was added in Bloglines.

No comments: