Sunday, April 6, 2008

Thing 7 Communcation Tools

Very difficult to complete this with dial-up. Most of the links didn't work.

I mostly use e-mail for communication. I've worked with offices who use the calendar function.

During a summer class (2003), an instructor "dialed" in to the UMN libraries and we chatted via computer. The library took control of the class computer, answered our questions and directed us to several URLs. I thought it worked great. I know special software was involved on the library end.

I used to IM my sister quite extensively when I was gone for a summer. Less expensive than long-distance phoning.

I do not text message. Not sure how this would work in a library setting. While some consider it convenient to quietly text during meetings, movies, etc. I think it is rude.

I have attended 2 webinars. Both were interesting and went smoothly. I was not involved in the set up. I will be attending another on April 8, the 2nd in a series by Linworth on Graphic Novels for Teens.

No comments: