Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing 23 Final Thoughts

Wow. I raced through these exercises and completed the online survey today. I haven't been able to experience the online game yet, but am still working on that pesky log in problem.

This has been a great learning experience. I've never blogged before and I will try to convert what I've done into something that will help my library. I love the idea of customizing a web page for my library, so I'm going to look into creating my own web page through iseek.

I had lots of fun creating my avator. I'd like to do more exploring with flickr to create fun cards, posters, puzzles, etc.

I'm vowing to continue to check into those RSS feeds to help me keep up to date with sites I regularly check for new books and reviews.

I've also signed up and sent my registration fee in for the MN Voluntary Library Certification program.

I had several issues with technology. My computer at work doesn't have the current adobe flash. I couldn't get quicktime to work. I ran into blocked sites at both my job sites. My home computer is dial-up and very slow and frustrating.

I think it is great to learn about new technologies, but just because they are new doesn't mean they are better. I'm not sure teens want to have the library text messaging them.

Overall, I consider my experience awesome and wonderful. Thanks to everyone who worked to set this up. And thanks to all my fellow participants for sharing their experience with me along the way.

1 comment:

23 Things said...

Congratulations for finishing all 23. And working through the frustrations of blocked sites, slow connections, and others. Hope you will join a future 23 things project.