Friday, April 4, 2008

Thing 4 Photosharing with Flickr


I couldn't watch the video from my machine at work - only a blank space came up and there was an error on the page.

I did go to flickr and browse the site and images. I've tried to upload a picture several times. What I get is a blank box with an x in it. When you click the box it opens to the picture on the Flickr site. Is this how it works? Or should the picture show up in my blog? The note said to credit the photographer and add the link to the image - it's not working that way for me.
For another attempt, I saved the picture from flickr to my desktop and then did the upload. Nothing came.

Another attempt, I uploaded a picture from googleimages with a .jpeg extention. You can see the ladyslipper at the top of this post. I don't know how to add the photographer's name as a tag (Showy Lady's SlipperPhoto credit:U of MN Extension Service ) or the link (http://www.extension.umn.edu/yardandgarden/YGLNews/images/ladyslipper.jpg) It was at the very top and I was able to drag it down.

My husband's family belongs to a Yahoo Group where they can post pictures to that site and go it and look at them. The process is kind of clunky and the size of the images is sometimes a problem.

We get photo slide shows over the internet from a niece. We can view the pictures and purchase them. I know several grandmas who really like this service.

I don't think I'll join flickr. I don't want my pictures made public.

I often see links to pictures on school and library web pages. Do they store the pictures on their server or use a site like flickr?
On to #5

No comments: